The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Apr 12, 2012

Mid-March day at the lake!

On this cold, dreary, over-cast, "April-showers-bring-May-flowers" day...I found myself looking through old photos from early March.  I stumbled across these fun pics from a bright & unseasonably SUNNY day at the lake.  Our first outing to Woodcliff this year.  Forgot to share...so here you go  :-)
There's something about "unshared" photos that stresses me out.  I mean if I took the time to take them...was able to get a few "keepers"...and never shared them...in which case they would never get printed out in my blog book...what's the point?  Am I right?  I mean...to me...it would be as though the event never took place.  Heck, I don't remember what I ate for breakfast this morning (wait...did I even eat breakfast?)

In any case, I LOVED revisiting that wonderful day at the lake this afternoon.  And I know I am going to LOVE revisiting that wonderful day at the lake again and again, maybe even years from now...And maybe my girls will too  :-)
warning...it's kind of a photo dump as the sunset was GORGEOUS and I was bored.  This combination results in my playing around "getting to know my camera settings".  Using my girls as"test-subjects"... hehe
Swimsuits?  At the lake?  In Nebraska.  In MARCH?  I'd say this, if nothing else, is photo-worthy.  )
feedin' the ducks.
Macy's like "what's the big deal"?  "I'd sooo much rather be swinging."
swing away kid.  swing. a. way.  btw - I LOVE this photo.  Check out those nails.  They have SUMMER written ALL OVER THEM!  It's like a "reverse french manicure".  hehe
just eatin' some sand.  Luckily she soon discovered it does not taste as good as she remembered.  phew.
big sis gettin' high.
whoa, whoa, whoa.  Grandma.  What do you think you're doing?  You CAN NOT take my swing down!
This is SOO not cool with me.
Oh so sad face...  :(  fix it Grandma  :(
The girl was devastated.  Well for a whole two seconds that is, until something else caught her eye.  Luckily, it doesn't take much to distract her these days.  :-)
I'll just be over getting my nightly yoga exercises in.
she looked so comfy...I couldn't STOP snapping pics.  So I didn't.  I mean could you?  :)
LOVE how that golden was sun illuminating the sky.
Sandy sneaking in for a kiss
uummmm.  noooo.
well okay.  Maybe just a quick one on my cheek.
looks like big sis wanted to join in for some sunset yoga as well.
dizzy tire-swing fun.
Whatever Grandma & Macy were talkin' about must have been pretty funny!
more duck watching
KISSES!
Grandpa thought us three girls should try for a shot on the dock.  I happily obliged.
Well that was fun!  I scratched my "take some pics at the lake" itch.  And...I learned a few new tricks at the same time...I discover new things about my camera & it's features/capabilities every time I use it.
We have been back to the lake a few times since, and I was able to just relax and "be" without feeling the need to capture photos.  :-)  I will share some "Easter at the Lake" pics soon though.  Guess I better stop procrastinating...chores are calling my name, LOUDLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment