The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Aug 4, 2011

[OMAHA] Resident(s) to Shine in the Bright Lights of Times Square in New York City

You might be wondering why our Little Miss Macy has been walking around with a little extra skip in her step lately...Well, it's because she's super excited!  Excited because her mug was chosen to be on the big screen in Times Square next month...
The above photo is what I submitted.  She is non-too happy with me, as she would have preferred I sent one where her hair is brushed, or her shirt, in the very least, was cute and colorful.  
But THIS is the one I wanted to send.  It is perfect and highlights her in her purest and most natural form  :-)  This is a still frame I'd like to freeze in my mind forever.  This image represents a lazy morning where we had nowhere to be and no reason to get dressed.  These mornings are the BEST!  And are more difficult to come by lately.  
Besides, the girl totally rocks the "all-natural" look does she not??  :-)
****

Below is a press-release sent to me by the NDSS.  I plan to send it along to all the local media outlets soon, to let them know that Macy (along with a few other local kiddos are going to be featured - I just need to learn who else from our area was selected first - I'm sure there were others).

[OMAHA] Resident(s) to Shine in the Bright Lights of Times Square in New York City       
  
  

About NDSS
The National Down Syndrome Society is a nonprofit organization with more than 350 affiliates nationwide representing over 400,000 Americans who have Down syndrome.  The mission of NDSSNDSS envisions a world in which all people with Down syndrome have the opportunity to enhance their quality of life, realize their life aspirations, and become valued members of welcoming communities. For more information visit www.ndss.org. is to be the national advocate for the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. 

*****
I SOOOO wish we were able to go.  This would just give me a reason to get to New York City.  A place I've never been and certainly desire to visit some day soon.  Unfortunately, it's just not in our financial cards to swing it.  this time at least...oh well  :-(
But I am envious that my good friends, Casie & Vernon, were able to go last year to see their precious little man on the big screen and were able to view it live in person. 
Here are a few of their pics from last year's showing!  I specifically wanted to share a few other familiar faces from right here in Omaha!  Thanks Case for taking the great pics  :)


 Sweet Baby Tessa!   :-)
 Our good friend Brady.
And their adorable bubba - Vollen  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment