The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Jan 21, 2011

Waterloo Class of '98 - Repeat Reunion

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of meeting up with 87% of my graduating class of 1998.  Our class was small but mighty.  We celebrated our 10 year reunion a couple years ago...but felt the need to do a "redo" due to the fact that a few people were MIA.  My good friend Mike (and fellow Oak Street alum) is now back from Korea...he has been serving our country, in Seoul, for seven + years.  He has been making "redo reunion" arrangements for several months.
The festivities began at good old Farmer Brown's.  Mike was craving some Nebraska Beef, so what better place to go right?  Then it was party time at a local establishment.  I have kept in "regular" contact with only a few of my classmates, but most of us have lost touch over the years (except for FB, which doesn't really count).  I must say, that even though I have not seen or spoken to them in SEVERAL years (many since graduation), I truly feel we were able to pick right back up where we left off.  Most of us attended WHS from Kindergarten thru 12th grade.  We spent our most formative 13 years with each other - when we were most "impressionable".  Making an impact on each other's lives in some way, shape or form and making us all who we are today.  I am so very proud of where I came from and who I grew up with and I would NOT change anything for the world.  We had some wild & crazy times...some downs, but WAY more UPS!  

I did not take my camera in, so I must credit my classmates for these photos...thanks Jenny & Adria!
 Jenny, Me, Tina, Adria & LeAnn
Logan, Christian, Paul, Me, Tina, Jenny, Travis, Adria, Mike, LeAnn, Jacob, Brandon & Justin.  This is not all of us that were there, as some arrived later.
Jenny & Me
Hi Jenny!  :-)  Me & Kerri are having an intense convo in the background  :-)  
Mike, Me, Nick, & Adria - THE OAK STREET GANG!  Minus a few of course. We RULED Oak St.  haha 

It's safe to say Me, Mike & Brandon were the "winners of the reunion" this year, as we closed the bar down.  Didn't get home until 2:30am.  YIKES, contrary to what "Mr. Korea" has to say, that's LATE!!  
6 hours past my bedtime to be exact (you do the math - I'm a loser)  :-)
*****
I thought I'd share a few pics from our original 10 yr reunion as it took place P.B. (Pre-blog) Days.
Jenny, LeAnn, Tina, Adria & Me
We did it all together...Volleyball, Basketball, Track, Band, Choir. so on & so forth.  Not only that, we knew how to party back in the day too...but hey, we were all very good kids!
This was only a couple years ago, but my how much has changed in ALL of our lives.  I guess that's life huh?
Steve, Jacob, Jenny, Me, Brandon & Adria
I must make note that, Tina, Adria & Brandon were the "Winner's of that reunion" - outlasting everyone else!  congrats guys  :-)
I think I'm kinda missing my blond locks.  We'll see what Spring has to bring.
In case this photo is not blatantly obvious enough...we felt it was important to, of course, pose for a pic by our class "brick" on mainstreet.  ha!
What a fun time we had   :-)

I hope it is not another 10 years before we all meet up again.  I see another re-do reunion in our near future perhaps, when Andy finishes up with Med School.  He missed both of these!!!  Andy - you had best get to planning and coordinating the details!  When & where?

No comments:

Post a Comment