The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Jun 22, 2012

2012 1st Annual Buddy Run!!

On the morning of McKenzie's B-Day Party, me and a couple hundred of our closest friends, ventured down to Zorinsky Lake to participate in the first annual DSA 5K - BUDDY RUN!!  It was a gorgeous (slightly cool) morning, perfect for a 3.2 mile run (or in my case JOG) :-)
I've been training with our "Run for God" group for a few months & all I wanted to do was finish the race...run MY race...not walk...and try to keep close to a 10 minute mile pace.
Mission accomplished  :-)
I have a couple more 5K's I'll be setting out on this summer...woot woot.
Our whole group  :-)  Lauren, Lisa, Chad, Heather, Joe, Me, Jessica, Ja & Bethany
A BIG thanks to ALL you guys for coming out and showing your support for our local Down Syndrome Community.  It is very much appreciated  :-)
me & my sistas  :-)
Lauren - thanks SOO much coming for coming to race with us.  She was actually registered for the race long before I was!  btw - I love what you've done with your Buddy Walk shirt.  It was "pinterest" inspired  :-)
just got up a HUGE hill just past the 2 mile mark...almost done! 
Joe giving his buddy Vollen a high five...thanks Casie for these pics  :-)
I love Roberta's Superman SOCKS!!!  see the capes.  hehe  she's running in support of her cutie-pie Brooklyn
Stephanie and Brayden just getting up that same hill.
My dear friend Stephanie was a champ.  She ran the whole way pushing her 5-yr old (and not so small anymore) Brayden.  I was inspired by her strength and courage to even show up for the race.
She lost her baby girl (who was just shy of turning 1 year old) a few months ago, and came out to run
In Memory of sweet Sophie
I was so glad to see that they had a great show of support  :-)
Go Andrew Go!  He did an awesome job and ran the whole race  :-)

JA finishing strong - or as Buffy captioned her pic "J. Harnisch #1"
Another one of Buffy's pics...this is Joe, but she labeled it "J. Harnisch #2".  love it!
Casie (who I stole most of these pics from) and her little stud Vollen!
Me and Andrew at the end of the race.  I am so proud of him.  He truly is a SUPER STAR!!
--------
What a fun time...we are already excited and looking forward to next years' race  :)
Little Miss Macy Lee...
I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK 
AND WOULD DO ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING FOR YOU!!
Love you forever and ever and ever.
We are all SOOO blessed to have you in our lives.  You make every day just a shade brighter. 
I could not be any prouder of the beautiful, sweet, smart & funny lady you are becoming.  
Keep it up!
Bloom baby bloom  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment