The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Mar 9, 2010

Is it 5 yet?

I did it.
I survived my first day back to work since having Macy.
It is difficult to describe how I felt last night. I felt like a kid the night before the first day of school after a long summer break. I couldn't sleep.
I was excited, yet scared and nervous at the same time. I had “anxiety” butterflies in my tummy.
I got all of our girlie outfits picked out for the morning. I packed up all of Macy’s necessary items that needed to go to Aunt Keri’s house for the next 3 days.
Man babies need a lot of stuff! Okay, so perhaps, she only REALLY needed four items, ie: diapers, wipes, bottle and milk. The rest was all to simply give mommy the peace of mind that Macy could make herself at home. All “fluff” stuff I suppose. After all, I’m a woman, Aren’t we all “over-packers?”
I also had to pack up my pump essentials. Ugggh, but I am actually excited to have 2 breast pumps this time around (thanks Heather!!).
It will be so nice to be able to leave one at the office and not have to lug around extra baggage every work day :-) One less thing to have to worry about.

How’d my morning go? Let me paint you a little visual.
I load the car up, Macy in tow. Put the car in reverse. McKenzie and Joe enter the garage to get ready to leave for work/daycare in his car. We say our “goodbyes” & “have a good days”.
McKenzie stands in the middle of the garage, our eyes lock. She holds her breath. Face turns beat RED. SCREAMS!! She certainly did not want mommy to be leaving her :-)
My world was in slow-motion as I continued to back down the driveway. I turn into the street, put the car in drive, proceed up the block. I glance behind me…McKenzie still crying hysterically.
Joe picks her up, I proceed to drive until she is no longer in view. :-)
Tear.
I am, however, quite proud of my strength.

Now fast forward to my sister Keri’s house where I dropped off Macy. Switch roles. I am the one bawling! Macy is the strong one. Tear. More like TEARS! I had a bit of cry-fest on my drive into work.
After a 5 minute pity-party, I managed to pull myself together and reapply my makeup before arriving into SKAR’s parking lot. (all you moms out there, I’m sure most of you can relate to this as well – I am not alone).

Work was good, spent most of the day organizing my office and making sense of some stuff. Nothing too “billable” I’m afraid…sorry Jeanne. :-)
I was counting down the hours and minutes until 5:00pm. Tick-tock-tick-tock. This is when I will get into my car and be SOOOO excited to see my baby girls.
The best part of being a “working momma” is seeing your little angels light up after being away all day. Can’t wait to hear McKenzie go on and on about her daycare adventures.
And I can’t wait to hear Macy go on and on about…well…I suppose just gazing into those sweet, beautiful eyes will say enough for me!
Now we get to do it all over again tomorrow. Minus the emotional roller coaster however!
Bring on Thursday!
I am so excited that Thursday’s are my new “Fridays”. Each and every week I will have a fabulous “4-day weekend” to look forward to! :-) I like to think this will be the best of both worlds.

And to top it off...I came home to my fabulous husband baking a yummy dinner! Nice very nice.

I feel blessed.

Speaking of feeling blessed. Well before Macy was born my sister Keri mentioned that she wanted to take time off of work just to hang out with our newborn. She mainly just wanted to scratch her "baby itch"...but, you bet I was going to take her up on that offer. Who wouldn't! She stuck to her word. She has been so excited for the last several weeks to be able to spend this quality time with her newest baby niece. She will care for Macy for 3 whole 8-hour days. Keri - you are so special! I can not thank you enough for spending this special time with Macy :-)
Here are a couple pics of Keri holding Macy when she was first born.
yeah, I think it's safe to say she's in good hands this week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment