The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Nov 21, 2010

Christmas Dresses!!

I was super excited to get these fabulously adorable (and somewhat matchy) homemade Christmas dresses on the girls today!  I know what you're thinking.  It's WAAY too early to start dressing up for Christmas, but it's never too early to get started on holiday cards.  When I saw these dresses the other day, they SCREAMED Christmas photo / card outfits!!!  YESSS.  We've got this years' card theme  :-)

Amy, another momma at McKenzie's preschool makes all sorts of really cute stuff.  I just LOVE all the fun fabric options that are out there!
Check out the rest of her stuff here http://sewsassysweetpeas.blogspot.com/ 
She is super talented!   :-)
***
Since the girls were dressed up with nowhere to go...we played "photoshoot" in the kitchen.  We captured a few fun shots  :-)  that I'd say are quite blog-worthy.
 It took McKenzie a while to warm up to the camera...because she's a STINKER-BUT!  So this is a whole lotta what we got in the beginning.  haha  nice.
 Thanks for finally deciding to play along Kenzie.
 Taking pics of Macy are soo much more fun now that she's a SITTER  :-)
Next we moved the shoot over to the mudroom.
 Momma's little angel.
As you can see here Macy sure does look up to her big sister.
No.
Macy.
Do NOT listen to a SINGLE word McKenzie says.  She looks all sweet and sincere, but most of the time she's up to no good.  3 year olds!  geesh. 
 definite Kodak moment  :-)
 I can't help it...I just LOVE these dresses.  I love how VERY homemade they are  :-)  Maybe someday I'll pick up some sewing skills of my own.  I stress "maybe"...cuz this momma's short on patience!  :-(
 playin' a little "How big is Macy"??
 oh Macy, you're so sweet, I could just eat you up!
 Now we're havin' a good time!
 okay, not so much anymore.  looks like she's done.
Toby wanted in on the action.
 Macy's like "mom, Toby's trying to hog the spot light!"  "no fair".
  So sweet  :-)
****
While I was setting up a backdrop, Joe got this super cute pic of Kenzie...so I fancied it up a bit.  I think I might print it out, frame it and hang it in her bedroom.
She was spinning and jumping like she was on a sugar high.  I'm actually quite surprised the shot's in focus.  Great catch Joe! 
What I LOVE most about this pic is the extra bounce in her hair.  If only I could get mine to do that - I'm so jealous!  tehe  
**
okay, welp.  Time to get started.  Photoshop's calling my name.  Gonna try and get started on my Christmas cards.  Early bird gets the savings on printing.  Need to also update my mailing list spreadsheet.  uggggh.   That's the "not-so-fun" part.
But I must admit...Microsoft Office "mail merge" rocks!  Definitely beats hand writing all those labels any day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow really beautiful Christmas dresses, they are so pretty!! thanks for sharing Keep Blogging!!


    Christmas Holiday Dresses

    ReplyDelete