The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Dec 2, 2010

Low Hanging Red Ornament

We've had a good couple of days...I fun had a Girl's Night Out with good friends, Macy had another Opthamologist Appt (of which she got a clean bill of eye health) and her Therapy appointments are going well  :-)  We will still wait and see what Tuesday's EEG has to say.  Hopefully NOTHING  :-)
 *******
Onto more exciting news...
Joe had a little more Christmas spirit and was a bit more anxious than I was at getting out the festive decor this year.  He excitedly brought the Tree Box, ornaments & decoration tubs up from basement storage.  I was not 100 % feelin' it yet (as we had just celebrated Thanksgiving the day prior), so I let him and the girls "go to town".  
The three of them had a fun time putting up the tree...I just sat back as a distant observer (and of course took a few pics  :-)
 The Design crew - Macy asks "Let's get started already!"
 All the sudden a huge sense of excitement took over her little body!  You'd think she already had a few Christmases under her belt and knew what this magical holiday would bring (presents under the tree)...but nope, it's only her first year, so I guess she's just WISE BEYOND HER YEARS  :-)
 Here she's clapping.  She is starting to almost get the hang of it!  It is super cute, almost sad & slightly pathetic, but mostly adorable.  Watching her try to clap that is  :-)  Her eyes light up super bright, she giggles something FIERCE (by far the cutest noise one could ever hear) you can see that she is trying so so SO hard.  But her arms and hands just do not cooperate...not doing exactly what she wants them to do just yet!
 That's the face of sincere, genuine excitement right there!
 Geeez Kid, calm down.
 Check out the expression on Kenzie's face...she knows Macy is getting into something she's not supposed to...
 Macy had successfully wrapped herself up in 80 feet of ribbon.  What a tangled mess!  :-)  And now she eyes a low hanging red ornament...of which she is DETERMINED to get her little fingers around!
 She got to it, reached up and was super-duper excited and proud of herself  :-)  Quite an accomplishment indeed.  Our little 11 month old DS super-star might not be crawling just yet, but she sure does find a way to get around.  She wiggles, rolls, stretches and pulls all over the room...getting from point A to point B...slowly but surely.  Sometimes it's "two-steps-forward-two-steps-back", but she doesn't mind, she's in no rush  :-)  
She has been lifting herself up onto all-fours all by herself lately.  She'll rock for a few seconds before her arms give out under her...we are all really excited about this new milestone!
I don't have an "after" picture to show you (ooops), but the threesome did a fantastic job on this year's tree.  If you saw a pic from last year, odds are it looks exactly the same.  Not much has changed.  It's borderline "Charlie-Brown-Christmas-tree-ish" with a few more pine needles I suppose and minus the "lean" - well no, actually ours is sporting a pretty good "lean"...But hey, that is okay, because for now that is exactly how we like it!  :-)  Every time I am in Hobby Lobby or the Holiday isles of any store I fight off the urge of purchasing new glamorous tree decor.  But I always stop myself.  I'm certain that if I were to bring home new frilly stuff, I know there is NO way I could get rid of the old "sentimental" stuff.  There are too many stories tied to each ornament.  Many were gifts and I would not "trade them in" for anything!  And that would just be "overkill" on our little 6 foot tall tree.  I am looking forward to perhaps adding a few more "gifted" ornaments to our tree this year...
Perhaps someday we'll have a large, fancy extravagent Christmas Tree, in which all the decorations are color coordinated or at least follow some sort of theme...but, for now we are 100% content with our lil 'ol modest tree with random family & friend "heirloom" ornaments  :-)
I think our tree tells our story and is a reflection of where our little Harnisch family is at right now at this point in time.  It's like a scrapbook that only me, Joe and the girls truly know how to "read".  I would not have it any other way!
*****
That's all for now folks...Wishing you and yours a fantastic week!  I need to go check on my dough...it's rising in the kitchen.  I've got a special dish planned for tonight "Cook Club"  :-)

1 comment: