The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Jun 19, 2011

Galveston - pt 2

The second morning at the Beach House was just as peaceful as the first.  Except this time it came with some bad news from home...my parents received a phone call late the night before informing us that Grandpa Salisbury had a fall at the nursing home.  He broke his femur, has bleeding in his brain, is aspirating, among other things.  He was transported to the VA Hospital, where we learned, due to his condition, that he would later be transferred home ("HOME" home...not the "Nursing" home).  He would live with my Grandma once again (something he's wanted for a long time), but this time on hospice.  Needless to say, this news was difficult to hear.  It saddened us all deeply.
My parents thanked me for allowing them to have Macy with them the night before.  As you recall, we left her behind as we all went out for a late dinner.  
They told me that her simple presence provided them with a great deal of comfort, nourishment, love and much needed smiles.  Her hugs and cuddles were exactly what they needed last night!  A little bit of BABY THERAPY goes a long way!  And Macy SURE does know how to deliver it!!  :-)  She truly has a special gift for consoling...when my parents told me this, it immediately made me think of Alabama's "Angel's Among Us" song.  (you know the one)

"They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places
To grace us with their mercy, in our time of need"

"Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love
To guide us with the light of love"

Here's a pic of Macy still providing her dear old Grandpa with some much needed love early in the morning.
 Sweet Dalton doing very much the same!  :-)
 
By mid morning, everyone had taken off and had began their individual family journeys back home to Nebraska...this left the four of us Harnisches all alone in this big old beach house.  I'm not gonna lie, the peace & quiet was quite nice!  :-) no offense to my loud, wild & crazy family...or anything...hehe
****
After a LONG, much needed, AWESOME early afternoon nap, we decided to venture back into the city for some more sigh-seeing.
This little photo-op ensued  :-)
 walkin' the beach line
 Asking some strangers to take our picture.
 McKenzie being, once again cooperative & photogenic.  SUPER.
 So I had to shake her up and force some happiness out of her once again.
 Snap OUT of it kid!
 seemed to do the trick  :-)
 Now, it was Macy's turn.
 I just LOVE this girl with all that I have!
 She is such a joy
 And always up for adventure.
 I hope she never grows stubborn or bored with silly old mom.  But, she is MORE ALIKE THAN DIFFERENT after-all, so with that being said, I'm sure that by the time she turns four, she too will behave just like her big sis.  She is, I can tell, already observing Kenzie closely and taking MANY mental notes a day.  sweet.
 Until that day comes, however, I will continue to savor EACH and EVERY sweet moment we have.  And yes, I will continue to CAPTURE as many of these moments as possible.
As Green Day put it in their song "Time of Your Life":

"So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life."

"So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang them on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while"
 "It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life."
 Children.  All of them.  Are amazing gifts from the Lord above...it is up to US to follow through, care for and love them always.  Raise them up to be the best people they can be.
 Gotta love Macy's "OH" face and her big thumbs up to that!
 McKenzie's summer blond is starting to shine through again :-)
 Searching for seashells with Daddy.  They were on one heck of a mission!  Well Daddy mostly, but he knew that once we returned home, she would be excited about having them...and he was RIGHT!  She is quite proud of her sea-shell filled Gatorade bottle.  
"Me and daddy found these at the ocean" she says with huge smiles :-)

 "Hi Momma"
 "come here...I want to SQUEEZE your nose, Pull out your teeth and poke out your eyeballs or in the very least pluck a few hairs outta yer head!" 
She says it with such sweet sincerity though, that it's hard to get mad when she physically abuses us on such a regular basis.
Why DO we put up with it? 
Because she's so dang cute, that's why...I'm sure she'll grow out it.  She can't get by on her good looks forever afterall.  despite her thinking the contrary...
 they found a big one...
 It was my intention to get rid of many of these "seemingly duplicate" photos...but honestly, tell me how would you decide??  what stay and what goes?  Too big a decision for me to make (this late at night at least - so they're ALL making the cut) 
 Macy and this "pinch me" beach boy locked eyes for a bit...uh oh!
 She's waving and still flirting with him here...that's her "flirt face" obviously.
 And here too...girl can work it!
 a few more shells to add to the collection...
 Macy reaching out to the birds.
 I was, again, indecisive, about which one to choose...so again, I'm putting them ALL in!  
It's my blog I can do what I want to. so na na na na boo boo.
 flying baby.  why?
 why not?
 we drove to the far east side of the island to get a closer look at the big ships entering the port...
 VERY cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment