The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Jan 23, 2010

Enjoy the Little Things...

Enjoy the the little things...for one day you may look back and realize they were the BIG things. ~Robert Brault
*****
And as the great Ferris Bueller once said: "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it".
*****

Being on maternity leave (and the fact that it has been insanely cold) has really allowed me to spend a LOT of quality time with my family. We love hanging out at home and just watching our two girls. They are the highlight of our existence! We had a great Saturday morning just hanging out in the living room doing absolutely nothing!
Here's a picture of Joe napping with his girls on the couch...After a few hours of this "doing nothing" Joe and I looked at each other and said "this is pretty pathetic"...we should probably get up and "do" something. So we did. But looking back at our morning, I'd like to think that we were actually quite productive. You don't get this opportunity very often, so when you do, take advantage of it & DON'T feel guilty about it :-)
Speaking of the "little" things: Macy is already starting to develop a little personality, she has such cute little gestures and motions. She does this cute "ooooh" thing with her mouth, her eyes really move around and focus in on you when you talk to her and my favorite thing that she does as of late is in the mornings. It is so funny when we free her from her little "swaddle me/straightjacket" in the mornings...her arms and legs stretch out far and wide, she has a yawn that is as big as her little face. SOO ADORABLE!
I remember McKenzie did the exact same thing. Oh how I miss that, wish I would have taped that :-( Speaking of McKenzie, she is also changing so much each and every day. So glad, I can sit back and enjoy these "little" things.

The Witt's just stopped by to hang out with us. Now Heather and Chad are at the grocery store...I asked them to please leave a couple of their kiddos here, it works out nicely for me. McKenzie is having fun with them and I am able to...well...do this. tehe :-)

****
Last night the whole "Lee" family went to the DC West basketball game to watch Danielle cheer during half-time. She's in kindergarten, so as you can imagine, it was super adorable. She did a fabulous job! It was kind of surreal being there. It was the first sporting event of my alma maters I had been to since our school district had consolidated with neighboring town Valley. You see, we used to be the Waterloo Panthers - Blue & White were our school colors. Our old rival Valley's mascot was a Terrier and their colors were purple and gold (yeah, I know what you're thinking, Terrier, how lame is that?) tehe. In any case, they are now the Black & Red, DC West Falcons and this is just so strange to me.
Sad how things change, but change is good! Just sit back and enjoy things the way they are today, because tomorrow things will change, and you'll be sad if you didn't take the time to enjoy it while it lasted...

****
Below are some pictures of when Macy visited Daddy at work the other day! :-)
These are a few of his co-workers, I couldn't show them all 'cuz there are a LOT of them.

Macy' Great Grandma Salisbury stopped by for a visit the other day :-)
*****
Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the Rest to God
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment